Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable guys telling customers they own cable in

My only cable experience was pulling trunk in NC in the 80's.

I installed satellites from 05-09. If there was a modem in use, I knew better than to try to diplex, ran a new line every time.

I asked questions as mentioned by most of the preceding commenters. Bottom line: if there was a SLIGHT possibility the EU was going to use a line for a cable modem, I ran my own sat line. I also made sure they understood to call me personally should there be a need for sat service call.

Today? I got my MSCE, CompTiaA+, Dell certs. I fix Plasma, LCD, LED, and DLP tvs. I still hang TV's and install theaters. I do ATT Modem installs, run the phone lines for ATT. But the only dishes I install are those who ordered from me. I can survey the job properly, inform my customers of ALL the hidden pitfalls, and ensure 100% customer satisfaction.

Whether you're cable or satellite, should 100% customer satisfaction be your standard? Not just the day of install, but for the duration of the service?

Glad I got out of the fullfillment/HSP bullshit. I get paid every time, never have to chase down people, and generate a lot of extra business by selling my varied skills. I RESPECT those who put up with the bullshit fed to them: low pay, too much work in too little time, having to call 5 different phone numbers to note your status when you could be getting the work done.

Diversify, ladies and gentlemen. Learn new tricks. I am stupid, yet I have companies bidding for my services each and every day.

Satellite installation is dead. CATV is dying. The computer processor is forever.

Peace,
Rick
This is CABL.com posting #291566. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbn0Q
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable guys telling customers they own cable in by wallfishman
There are 0 replies to this message