Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question to Republicans

Answer to question 1.  The federal government has the power to set minimum guidelines for the country.  The states have the right to do as they please, as long as they are with-in federal guidelines.  The most known example of this is the federal minimu wage.  The federal government sets a fedeeral minimum wage, but the states are allowed to go higher if they please.  Wage & Hour laws are also another example.  Federal law says workers must be paid OT after 40 hrs.  But the states are allowed to make their own rules just as long as a worker is paid an amount equal to time & a half.  The healthcare bil works the same way.  The Feds are setting the minimum standards, and the states still have the right to implement their healthcare as they please. Section 1332 of the Senate Bill is called "Waiver for State Innovation". You should read it for yourself to avoid repeating lies based on BS talking points.....   Just so you know, Hawaii currently enjoys this kind of waiver to Reagan's healthcare bill,  Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which is the law that states anyone that comes to a hospital ER can't be turned away.  Illegals included.

Question 2 is not really a question.  But I will say this.  What Bush did was a mistake.  But, when the dems tried to correct the mistake, they were accused, by the GOP, of slashing the bennies of old people.

I am in NO way implying healthcare should be passed, simply because Bush passed his prescription drug program.  Im saying the total opposite of that.  Im saying healthcare should be passed, because it LOWERS the deficit, where as Bush's unfunded prescription plan ADDED to the deficit.  Im saying healthcare should be passed because it will leave only 4% of the population uninsured, and those would be mostly illegals.  I hope I've cleared this up for you.
This is CABL.com posting #291468. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnZg
Posted in reply to: Re: Question to Republicans by JD42596
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Question to Republicans New Day 2/11/2010 11:21:27 PM
Re: Question to Republicans JD42596 2/11/2010 5:17:54 AM