Create your free account now! Sign up

Is it really my job?

Last week I did an install at (lets say a pizza shop) who was only getting HSD and Phone, new drop and all.
Fairly easy job right into the building to the Dmarc and The Network, trap installed on the pole.
I see an supposedly illegal drop coming off of another drop just hanging in the air going right under a
roll down type door. Of course its an radio shack fitting. Finished hooking up my sub, but before I left
the property I called an manger for the mso to report what I saw. Which he turns it over to security to
investigate. They go out to the address and see the line going under the door and cut it out, go into the
(pizza joint) he has a TV on with active service on it going from next door biz. Which I didst know about
cause its an roll around tv which was in the office. ( found out about that later) security says that I
should have cut down the drop before leavening the property, news to me. I thought that was security's
job. Anyways they wanted a statement about what I saw and way I didst follow procedures for
illegal hook ups. I guess calling in the illegal to the mso and installing the trap on the line to trap video service
isn't the proper way of doing things. So from now on if I see anything I guess it will just be an MIRAGE.
This is CABL.com posting #289756. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnxE
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Is it really my job? RadioMan 1/30/2010 6:04:54 PM
Re: Is it really my job? Splicer Life 4me 1/30/2010 4:56:41 PM