Create your free account now! Sign up

Now I have heard it all.....

Before I start on a rant, i would like to say whats up to all my old bro's out there. And brick if your around, I hope life is treating you good my friend.

I have just been told that Directv is not allowing it's contractors to hire subcontractors to do ANY directv installs if they have 3 tickets on their DL.

Now if memory serves me correct, in order for them to use that as an excuse to not hire, is if the tech would be driving a DTV owned and or insured vehicle.

being as these guys are sub Contractors driving their own vehicles and providing their own insurance on both vehicles and general liability, Doesn't this break some sort of EOE or labor law?

Is it me or does this seem to be strait insanity? Times are hard enough out there aren't they?
I have seen alot of changes in both the satellite and cable industry. some goodand some bad.
Non the less it has survived. But, at this rate the only thing I can see is that someone is on a seriuos power trip. At what point does a driving record show proof of one's work ethics and performance. How does a driving record show weather or not a tech will be a good installer or exhibit poor customer relations. You would think that with speeding tickets that the tech obviuosly likes to get to where he is going in a hurry. Is it me or is this craziness it's peak?
With so many men and women out of work you would think that the powers to be would capitalize on the actual work force they can harness. With ALL the experienced techs out there without work who really want to work this is another obstacle that stops the economical flow back to recovery. If I am wrong someone please show me where this will make sense.
This is CABL.com posting #288054. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbm6c
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Now I have heard it all..... Trey9007 1/17/2010 11:54:36 AM
Re: Now I have heard it all..... Splicer Life 4me 1/17/2010 12:11:46 AM
Re: Now I have heard it all..... RadioMan 1/16/2010 8:51:23 PM
Re: Now I have heard it all..... bushmaster 1/16/2010 4:47:31 PM