Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dog fence locates

I could go on and on for months on this subject, it's sad and pathetic we are even talking about it. Not to many years ago the MSO PAID ENOUGH MONEY that you didn't have to worry about stupid shit like dog fences. Prices for a subcontractor in 1999 were higher than what Primes are being paid today by far. I've seen this from both ends. There is no doubt the MSO should be paying for the private locates, they get the money back from monthly billing of the customer anyway, but they want the cake and eat it too.

This is all a microcosm of whats wrong with this industry. As for those who say just renegotiate, PLEASE. If you are a sub they just go out and find someone like 330cableguy or plenty of illegals , if primes buck them on prices (like dycom with Verizon) plenty of fly by night JNET or Span Pro's out there to pick up the slack!

One last thing on this subject, laws I'm sure vary from state to state or county to county or in my beloved Pennsylvania by freaking township. 95% of the time I'm sure if not higher that sprinkler, dog fence, french drain, sump pump drain, low voltage lighting, fuel lines had no permit to be in the easement but if you bring that up you are called a smart ass and you either fix it or pay for it on Your dime!  Hell about 10 years ago I was doing a major project in Virginia and we kept hitting the 4 inch sewer lines services that were sometimes as shallow as 3 feet. These always were well before the sewer block and NEVER LOCATED only the mainline in the road was. After not getting far with the sewer authority I called the SCC and was told that yes I was half right the Sewer Authority's job was to locate at least to the curb but they the SCC had no power other than send letters which would only be ignored by the Authority. Nothing ever did get done about that and we just included it in the cost of business. Todays prices there is no room for that!
This is CABL.com posting #286115. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmAV
Posted in reply to: Re: Dog fence locates by Splicer Life 4me
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Dog fence locates Splicer Life 4me 1/3/2010 3:32:34 PM
Re: Dog fence locates 330cableguy 1/3/2010 3:27:52 PM