Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dog fence locates

"As for those who say just renegotiate, PLEASE. If you are a sub they just go out and find someone like 330cableguy or plenty of illegals , if primes buck them on prices (like dycom with Verizon) plenty of fly by night JNET or Span Pro's out there to pick up the slack!"

Let them, is my point. It will be sooner than later that the hacks will cause enough damage that this forces something to be done, ie...renegotiate contracts at higher prices. But, as with anything else in this business, it is a dream that will go nowhere. People refuse to stand together and make things right for everyone, using the excuse "I can't afford not to work" but yet they can afford to pay to work!?

If a good company drops out using the sane logic of not being able to do the work required for the money offered, some hack will go in thinking that they will make up the slack with volume. But it doesn't work like that. Then they leave and someone else comes in. The MSO's know this and have used it to their advantage and our disadvantage.

Like you, I could go on for months (and I have) about this, but all it does is go in one ear and out the other. I (as well as many, many others) have tried telling people how it is for years now and all it has resulted in is a waste of cyber space.

What is so fucking sad about all of this is, EVERYONE could be doing so much better IF people would think of others instead their own selfish ass and worked together. But you just can't tell people this. They don't want to hear it.

330, nobody suggested you quit and pout. IF (and that is a motherfucking HUGE IF) you are making a grand a day, everyday, (and don't bullshit a bullshitter, we all know you are not making that kind of money in todays industry) just think of how much more it COULD be if only everyone stood up for themselves. I don't know about you, but I'd rather NOT pay $100 and would rather bank it instead. I can do alot of things for $100.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #286130. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmBa
Posted in reply to: Re: Dog fence locates by Nat Light
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Dog fence locates Nat Light 1/3/2010 4:41:33 PM
Re: Dog fence locates 330cableguy 1/3/2010 3:38:28 PM