Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dog fence locates

Mr. Yorkman, I am curious as to where we disagree on anything beyond the fee being charged? You say the customer needs to be charged. Yet you do not say by whom. I say it is the MSO. As for the dethatching/plug aeration goes, the customer can't do that either if they have an invisible fence as that is only buried "mere inches", of buried sprinklers and low voltage. Now as for buried electric to the pool, that damn well better be buried to proper depth, though I of course realize that many are not.

As for the invisible fence company charging $105 for 15 minutes, that does not justify the amount. I charge what is both fair and so I can make a fair profit. Now if it takes more than 15 minutes to locate (max) then I would charge more. Piece work must factor time as well so you have a proper pricing structure.

You, of course, are free to charge what you want. Yes, the ideal method is to precall (more time, manpower, etc...) but when you get your orders in the AM and you are a one-man operation, then it becomes unrealistic. Now, as I stated earlier, if your contract does not provide for dealing with these u/g opsticals, you need to renegotiate the contract immediately.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #285994. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmyY
Posted in reply to: Re: Dog fence locates by Aquaholic
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dog fence locates Nat Light 1/3/2010 11:55:59 AM