Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Universal Health Care

haha you say I have no experience since I wrote nothing you have read? That is just presumptuous and false. I have. I also had a 13,000 dollar bill for medical when I had no insurance and guess what? I PAID FOR IT MYSELF. Medicare denies more patients than insurance companies and guess who runs those? The gov. I know of a woman that had cervical cancer and beat it but Medicare refuses to pay for annual pap smears. And they said SHE COULDN'T EVEN GO IN AND PAY FOR IT HERSELF!!! WHAT THE HELL?  
Many of the denials you talk about are like the following:
By Mary Theroux on Dec 17, 2009 in Healthcare, Insurance, free market

In his speech to Congress on the need to overhaul health care, President Obama asserted:

More and more Americans pay their premiums, only to discover that their insurance company has dropped their coverage when they get sick, or won’t pay the full cost of care. It happens every day.

The following week, Health Care for America Now, a group supporting the Democrats’ health care reform bill, ran a television ad claiming that private health insurance companies: “Deny 1 out of 5 treatments prescribed by doctors.”

When fact-checked by PolitiFact.com, it turned out the statistic had been derived by the California Nurses Association, which broadened its definition of “denial” to include such administrative non-events as a claim having been sent to the wrong insurer. Such snafus occur behind the scenes, and the patient never knows about them because his/her claim is, in fact, subsequently paid by the correct insurer.

But the real kicker is the gov is saying insurance does all this and check out what they do. According to the American Medical Association’s National Health Insurer Report Card for 2008, the government’s health plan, Medicare, denied medical claims at nearly double the average for private insurers: Medicare denied 6.85% of claims. The highest private insurance denier was Aetna @ 6.8%, followed by Anthem Blue Cross @ 3.44, with an average denial rate of medical claims by private insurers of 3.88%
In its 2009 National Health Insurer Report Card, the AMA reports that Medicare denied only 4% of claims—a big improvement, but outpaced better still by the private insurers. The prior year’s high private denier, Aetna, reduced denials to 1.81%—an astounding 75% improvement—with similar declines by all other private insurers, to average only 2.79%.

So we can all find stories of insurance denial. And we can find the government right up there with them and then some.

Auto insurance isn't a good example. I can hurt someone else with my car and cause damage to theirs and then not pay. That would be my fault. Health care isn't a car wreck. It is a personal problem. And mine isn't yours or anyone else's to bear and I shouldn't be fined because I want to CHOOSE to pay my bill myself.

This is CABL.com posting #285490. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmqQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Universal Health Care by dlightning
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Universal Health Care dlightning 12/29/2009 8:40:49 PM
Re: Universal Health Care sweatforhire 12/29/2009 8:03:25 PM