Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Universal Health Care

Sab,

From your posts on this issue, it is apparent that you don't have personal experience in dealing with insurance companies. See, my friend had switched insurance companies, and when he filled out his application, he didn't put down that he had whooping cough as a child because he was unaware that he was diagnosed with it. His mother never told him. No one told him that it was in his medical records. When he was diagnosed with his cancer, and treatment started, his insurance denied his claim, and them dropped him, claiming that he had lied on his application. They even denied him a refund on all of the premiums that he had paid.

This is nothing more than having to have auto insurance. I remember everyone bitched about mandatory auto insurance. I got tired of the BS in auto insurance and became self-insured.

Basically, if a person doesn't want health care, then they will pay a fine. Personally, I think that part is way out of line. But, a far cry from the "government take over" that all of the fear mongers were complaining about.

I have heard that there are certain individuals and organizations that plan to challenge the constitutionality of imposing fines. We will have to wait and see about that.

Dale
This is CABL.com posting #285481. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmqH
Posted in reply to: Re: Universal Health Care by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Universal Health Care sab3r 12/29/2009 6:22:30 PM