Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries

I have no problem with that. But your argument was that government employees should make as much as the private sector. Your salary range doesn't include your benefits or retirement either. But I have no problem with your salary range. There will be some specialty jobs in the government that will command a little higher wage.
I don't believe only .2 percent of the employees are not making better than 100,000 a year. Especially if you factor in overtime and the benefits. What retirement do you have to pay? Is it extra? Does a government employee have to pay into a retirement or is it for extra retirement that they pay for? Like 401K or something like that. And if I remember right you get your health insurance for free and only have to pay for your family and that is much less than the private sector.
And you are still missing the point I was making about the difference between government and private sector and who pays for each one. Or you only wish to comment on the other parts of my reply. Which is fine.

So you don't live in a half million dollar house. No gov employees do? Is that what you are saying? Do you know how many do? At 96 a year you could get pretty close to a half million or 400,000 dollar house if you chose to. But none of that was the point anyway. Just that the private sector can get paid higher because of sales not taxes. There are plenty of gov employees who make more than 100,000 a year. I can think of 435 right off the bat.
This is CABL.com posting #283892. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbl04
Posted in reply to: Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries by johnmc3
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries johnmc3 12/14/2009 7:31:08 PM
Re:and some fed employees don't feel the need sab3r 12/14/2009 6:38:47 PM