Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries

Hey, I work for the government and I am far from getting rich. After my last gig ended I was looking for work for 3 months. I got a job offer to work for a MSO as a 3rd shift maintenance tech for 38k a year. I got 25 years experience and they were serious. After I stopped laughing I told them what they could do with their 38K.

I found the job I have now by searching the web. I had to got through 3 different background checks and get my security clarence but I think it was worth it. I make good money and go to some interesting places but I am not getting rich off the tax payer's dollar. Myself and the people I work with are just trying to make a living as is the other 99.98 percent of government workers that make less than six figures a year. I do fiber for the government, everything from design to installation, termination and restoration, my salary range is 58K to 96K a year. Because of my past experience I was started our on the upper side of mid-range. I will not see an increase for 2 years because of the budget, the people I work with have not had a increase for over a year and it maybe 2 more years before they see one.

I do not live in a half million dollar house and neither do the people I work with. I pay my share of my retirement and health insurance. So exactly how is our salary out of line.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #283858. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbl0w
Posted in reply to: Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries sab3r 12/14/2009 2:46:58 PM