Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries

I was going by the numbers given in the original post. The writer said that the number of people working in the defense department making over 100K was 10100 and the transportation department was 1679. When you consider the federal government employees almost 6 million people 11779 people works out to less than .2%

I pay about 280 a month for health insurance for my wife and myself. I also contribute 10% of my gross to my retirement plan. As for a 500K house I don't need or want anything that big. I guess living in Japan for 8 years taught me that I really don't need a lot of stuff to be happy. I live in a two bedroom apartment for now. We may buy something later after my wife adjusts to the states, but it will not be much bigger than what we have now. The people I work with don't have anything huge, none of them live in mansions just regular homes. Most have lived in them for more than 10 years or more. I cant say that for all government employees.

The 435 you speak of are not the regular day to day government employees. They do make to much and should not have the power to vote them self's raises. But we will never get that power away from them.

Anyway I hope to stick with this job for about 14 more years when I am vested in my retirement, take my 90% of my last 78 pays and my SSI (if that's still around) and open up a little 20 or 30 seat diner somewhere. Serve breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday, close up and go fishing on the weekends. Or divorce my wife and go back to the PI and drink and screw myself to death with a bunch of young Filipino girlfriends.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #283933. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbl1J
Posted in reply to: Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: For feds, more get 6-figure salaries sab3r 12/14/2009 8:09:46 PM