Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What happened to ethical companies?

This is how I would handle it:

In most states verbal agreements are binding for a period of time. I would file a lawsuit against them for monies owed stating they breached the contract [I would include all expenses for traveling to file and pursue the case]. Get it in front of a judge and let him decide. You have a 50/50 chance of winning. Make sure you file in their state, cause a judgement in your home state is NOT enforcable in another state.

Also consider this, even though you signed a contract, it may not be legal to withold any monies owed because you did not give written notice [personally I have never heard of that] and if the judge decides that it is not legal that will nullify that portion of the contract.

Be calm and proceed with common sense. Heck, once the paperwork is filed they might pay you to keep it from going to court cause once it hits court and they lose, it becomes case law and everyone else they did that to will have an automatic win should they file and site your case in court.

I do believe a judge would side with you, provided you did the work, have all the paperwork to show for it, etc. Most judges do not like companies screwing people over espically now.

This is CABL.com posting #283633. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblWT
Posted in reply to: What happened to ethical companies? by brandar
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What happened to ethical companies? salesdawg 12/12/2009 1:37:53 PM