Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville

Thanx for the input Mercy but you obviously havent been in this business very long but I wont hold that against you, just want to enlighten you on some things for the future. Look all rg-6 has pretty much the same characteristics these days. As long as its swept tested theres really on a few differences. Solid copper conductor (which is good stuff but expensive) and copper clad conductor which everybody uses. When it comes to satellites you are actually suppose to use solid copper but I'm sure nobody does. You wont see any difference unless its a wildblue or hughesnet and the cable is over 150' long. That "sticky shit" is called flooded cable and is to be used in buried applications only!! It is even suppose to be used on your satellite pole mounts because the cable goes into the ground. When it comes to ground blocks they are all the same, some are good some are junk, they hold no particular frequency so there is no such thing as a cable or satellite ground block, its all what your company suppllys you with wheather they want to buy the good or the junk. The same goes for f connecters if you buy junk thats what your gonna get, if a company isnt useing ppc connecters or better they should reevaluate their career goals because the repeats will be through the roof. I'm not bad mouthin you Mercy, just tryin to give you a little education from an old dawg.

Think I'll grab my hooks and go do cable!!!!! Later Red
This is CABL.com posting #278858. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkHS
Posted in reply to: Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville by mercykiller7
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville sdelnay 11/8/2009 11:43:34 AM
Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville mercykiller7 11/8/2009 1:56:03 AM