Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville

I haven't been in the business for 20 years like some of you, but for 4 years which is long enough to have seen the good and the bad.  I think we agree about the cable - like I said "cable is cable", meaning standard RG6 60% braid copper clad steel or similar.  And no you don't need solid copper wire for satellite (although it could be useful for extremely long cable runs).  I was referring to the messenger ground on the side of the cable needing to be solid copper (according to DISH specs), although I have my doubts as to the value of the messenger ground in the first place (another issue entirely).  I know cable company wire is good quality, didn't say it wasn't - my only point of not liking to use it due to the sticky shit is simply that, it's sticky and the litle pieces from the wire braids stick to your fingers after you strip the cable and are trying to make sure the center conductor is clean to put on the connector, that's all.  As far as the ground blocks I don't know if they're tested to 3ghz or not but they certainly are not dual and not approved by DISH.  Cable connectors may even be better quality but they're not DISH approved - I personally like PPC EX6XL which are approved by DISH and DTV and work on quad shield if needed.  I'm just coming from the position of what are and are not DISH approved materials and therefore could cause you to fail a QC.  The only exception would be the type of cable used as you are unlikely to be failed for using non-approved cable as long as it's good quality.  Hope this clears things up.
This is CABL.com posting #278967. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkJD
Posted in reply to: Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville by redrocker80
There are 0 replies to this message