Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville

Just a side issue, but why is it that every time I post a question on here someone replies with something that is not even an answer to my question?  Anyway, as far as I know if you do DISH installs you will be paying for pole mounts and working Sundays.  I've only ever heard of charging for pole mounts doing DTV.  As far as lead techs my experience is that they tend to get away with a lot, not doing everything up to specs - I doubt that their jobs are QC'd. Cable is pretty much cable, except that the messenger ground needs to be solid copper, and that stuff on cable company wire is not.  I admit I have tried cable company wire once before but did not like it anyway since it has that sticky shit in it.  Of course cable ground blocks (if that's even what they call them) are not the same and should not be used, and neither should their connectors or 12ga ground wire.  And there is the issue that any satellite techs using cable company materials are getting it illegally from some cable tech trying to make a few extra bucks and the cable company is paying the price for it which is not right.  Another side issue but I know a lot of cable company employees simply hate satellite companies.  We should respect each other as we are basically in the same business.  Satellite techs should not be robbing cable companies of supplies, and cable techs should not be doing spiteful shit like cutting our lines from the dish a foot away from the hookups so we'd have to run whole new lines and putting traps on our lines and such.  Satellite techs don't generally do anything like that - we just unhook the lines we need from the cable company splitters and leave the rest hooked up as is to make it easier for the cable techs if they have to come back out and switch back.
This is CABL.com posting #278839. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbkHz
Posted in reply to: Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville by SATMAN/MEMPHIS
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville Cowboy3939 11/8/2009 9:34:25 AM
Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville redrocker80 11/7/2009 1:45:51 PM
Re: Prime Home entertainment in Nashville karg 11/7/2009 1:33:34 PM