Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: SCTE Cable Tech Expo in Denver

catv is nowhere near dead. i have to thank the boys in satellite for that. without satellite, cable would still be one way traffic charging a monopoly price.

i understand that things are tough with the economy and installs are going down, but that in no way indicates that cable is a dying industry. the changes in the industry are not the "rebuild, sweep and cert" changes that made us all so much money not that long ago, but they are changes that make cable a stronger product.

mocha/uverse are some sweet changes. high speed internet docsis 3.0 isnt far out. voip has some growth if it is able to interact with cell service (big if here).

having been involved in the fiber/2way/870mhz upgrades in the past, and now all the realizations of what those upgrades actually gave us, i feel like its the most incredible time to be in cable. i'm sure there's a lot of techs both employee and contractor who dont feel the same way i do since the gravy days are few and far between and i dont blame them. cable, to me, has always been about the challenge and the need to learn and get stronger in my field. cable has never let me down here. i learn every day. i get quicker and smarter and more thorough.

that is enough for me
This is CABL.com posting #277962. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbktq
Posted in reply to: SCTE Cable Tech Expo in Denver by Buffalo Chips
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: SCTE Cable Tech Expo in Denver salesdawg 11/1/2009 9:37:37 AM