Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Thoughts from a Wire Veteran

Great post

I disagree with some of it and agree with some of it. I think the whole problem is that you can find any person to do an install. White, black, green, brown and when this happens you have competition. When it comes down to competition the owner is going to see who he can get the most amount of work done for the least amount of pay. It doesn't matter that the guy does 85% of his jobs crappy. He is cheaper than you and thats that. 

I have mentioned before and of course I get ridiculed for my opinion but I will say it again. If you can, do the sales/install thing. They can't replace me because I get too many numbers/sales. The money is decent but hell I never make less than 2000 a week. My point being is... Cable companies need to replace all their quits. These MSO's, in my opinion, are paying way to much for their crappy customers to come back. Look at all the audit jobs out there. Not saying they are long lasting but hell I know of a market they are giving 3 dollars per visual audit.. Guaranteed 50 houses per day and you get to go sell them before you turn them off. GUYS, I am no brain surgeon and to hell if I can install half as good as the ol timers but I am here to make myself some money. Maybe it's time to change things up a bit and try something new. 

My philosophy is that I not at all a great salesman but I will out work you. If you are currently an installer than you know hard work. I get to choose which houses I want to install. There is not company sending me a 4 receiver install. I choose to sell them four receivers or 1 receiver. Thats the nice thing about the sales gig.

Even I get tired of going across the U.S. and being lied to. It happens to us sales people too. I am taking a 7 day course on Insurance adjusting. After 7 days you have your Texas license (which is good in 33 states).. Average adjuster is doing 10-20 g's a month. I have a couple of friends that do it and the pay is real. What's the difference chasing storms or chasing cable jobs? My point is I get burnt out from dealing with the MSO changing crap just because I am getting to many sales. If all I have to do is take a 7 day class to make good money and it might even be more stable than what I am doing.. Who knows... Diversify!

Salesdawg
This is CABL.com posting #265788. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbhi4
Posted in reply to: Re: Thoughts from a Wire Veteran by hookman 81
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Thoughts from a Wire Veteran Time4Action 8/18/2009 2:10:31 AM