Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: where to get license in fl to get 1099 pay

As we know by per postings the state of florida req a lic to install low volt, IE coax, cate5 and var other low volt wiring.  Pinellas is getting ready to slap all the subs, for Verizon, Knology and Bright House.  I mean not us the subs of subs but our primes. Ive testified by court order that ive been subcontracted for the past decade and paid 1099 for installing cable, for a Pinellas contractor for Bright House, a number of other techs are following suit.  This will test the industry to the max, change is comming and its around the corner.  I didnt know I was breaking any laws, but I was.  I was told that I could work under there low voltage, but not true by state law, only employees can work under there lic, Subs can not they have to be individ lic.  This is gonna rock the industry, and Pinellas is working with the FDLE and State Officals to do a state wide aduit of how each Prime does business.  If they end up shutting down "temp of course" all these primes, these primes will have to all go employee based.. That means chargebacks might stop, overtime and set work weeks in place, retirement. and the primes owners not buying yacts and airplanes from price code cuts to the techs.

Plus most if not half of these subs and my old place havent filed taxes on there 1099's I know I didnt.  Most are getting audited by the IRS, Unless your a sweep tech or Splicer making top $$$ DONT GET IN, once your in your stuck, like chuck.

thanks
This is CABL.com posting #261616. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgdM
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: where to get license in fl to get 1099 pay scooterz56 7/17/2009 11:14:57 PM
Re: where to get license in fl to get 1099 pay KeeperofSecrets 7/17/2009 8:51:57 PM