Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: where to get license in fl to get 1099 pay

You may already have the answer for this as I see the post is from 2 weeks ago. In any event, There is no state requirement for how you receive pay in the state of florida as there is no state income tax. 1099 simply means you get all the money and are responsible for paying your own taxes. ssi/fica self employment etc. To contract work you will be required to carry liability insurance and workers compensation policies before they will cut you a check. If you're working as one person you can be comp. exempt through the state for 50.00$ but you must set up a corporation for about 70.00$ by filing your articles of incorporation with tallahassee. Keep every receipt for every dime you spend and get a good accountant. They will do your taxes for about 300-500$ and well worth it. As well, it is deductible. If you hire and or pay someone else to do contract work for you, you must require the same of them or you cannot report that as an expense. Your insurance carrier will audit you at year end and if you try to claim payment to anyone else you will be charged at a % what you claim by the carrier. Good luck. I have never been asked to produce any type of license for construction,splice,power supplies,sweep,install in 19 years and several states. Although some counties do require an occupational license. A low voltage maybe, but I wouldnt bother unless the prime insists.
This is CABL.com posting #261604. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgdA
Posted in reply to: where to get license in fl to get 1099 pay by raemorales
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: where to get license in fl to get 1099 pay KeeperofSecrets 7/17/2009 8:47:37 PM