Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 250,000 a couple is rich?

People are being lead by the pied piper on this whole line of thought. The gov't is trying to tell us that they can massively increase the size of the federal government, give a slew of free services to everyone, not affect the economy and do it efficently and effectively. It is pure bull crap.

Before all of the high fiving and back slapping for giving it to the rich, look at what they are saying the are going to do and you may want to rethink it.

The the 250K income level for a married couple, they already pay 60,321 dollars in income tax plus 10,246 in fica taxes alone to the federal government. And now they want more money that  likely wont benefit these tax payers a dime, most of them have private insurance they are alredy paying for themselves.

Using government statistics the percentage of people making 250K plus is around 1.5% of Americans and they tend to be 2 wage earner families. So that equates to appx 1.70 million households. I know there are a million differnet numbers floating around on costs and that the administration is saying some of the costs will be by saving money in different areas, but for the sake of this debate lets say the total cost is 1 trillion over 10 years and half will be paid by new taxes. that equates to $294,117 over ten years to each household making 250K and up. Now I know right at 205K will pay less and those at the top of the scale will pay more, but just looking at that number is stagering.

The on top of that you throw in the idea that congress wants to achieve this money through raising the tax rate and removing deductions from these citizens. Do you really believe there will be no ramifications to the economy and the citizens who are struggling now? You take income out of their pocket for the gov't to use and now they can't spend it, do you really believe no other effects will happen? The removal of the tax deductions is another genius move. As people get wealthier they look for ways to spend more of their own EARNED money on themselves as a way to avoid paying it in taxes, ie boats planes vacation homes etc. Now before you get all twisted that I am worring about them not being able to buy that new ivory ass scratcher, all of those goods needed someone to make the raw materials, the finished good, transport it to the final destination and install it. I assure you all of those workers are not making over 250K too. So now you lost the tax deduction and got a tax rate increase too, so you have less money to start with and no way to shelter any of by making purchases. Still think this will not hurt everyone? Do you think the boat builder when his sales slip is not going to fire a few people? How about the plane manufacturer? And the aluminum company that supplies to the plane builder?

This is a smoke and mirrors gamble by our esteemed elected officals in DC who already have world class healthcare guarentted for life the day they are sworn in. Obama himself would not commit to taking the services for his own family that he is trying to shove down our throats for ours, it speaks volumes.

And here is the 700 pound gorilla in the room. When has a government projection about costs of a program ever been right? They are saying just over a trillion over 10 years right now, but who pays if they are wrong and it is more as is usually the case? Do you take more from the 250K crowd or is the new number now 200K or 150K? Remember when Bush tried to be a democrat and passed prescription drug coverage. It is at least twice as costly as projected, big shock I know, so why do we believe the projections on this new program. Did they finally get some new accountants who fixed all of CBO and OMB?

You know once it is in, there is no going back, no politician would touch it for fear of losing his next re election. Just like no one will touch the train wreck of medicare, you know that other healthcare system for a part of the population that congress has efficently run into the ground, and the thermonuclear ticking time bomb that is social security. These clowns are adding a whole new layer of spending with 10 digits price tags, yet haven't fixed the 2 problems they already have that have cost deficiencies reported between 50 and 100 TRILLION dollars today. And that number gets bigger every year.

And add to all of this, cap and trade which will take out billions if not trillions more from the economy for the gov't to spend. Do you start to get the picture? See an alarming trend that crosses party lines, these ass clowns, dem and rep, are taking out loans that we as American citizens all have co signed. There is a reason that the original framers wanted a LIMITED form of government. The all encompassing big monolithic gov't model has been tried over and over and has never worked or survived. The last big one being the USSR, they were finally destroyed by their citizens AFTER the central government became insolvent. See any similarites coming our way.

I do not want to see strife and bloodshed in the streets and I am not calling for an over throw of the government. But if we sit by and idly watch everything that is going on the last 20 years and now allow Obama to put the pedal to the floor, how do you see this ending? Stop thinking about what you are going to get for free from the gov't, it is a myth, a figment of your imagination. NOTHING IS FREE EVER. Everything has a price and when I look at what is being done in our name, it is too high in my opinion.
This is CABL.com posting #260651. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfYd
Posted in reply to: Re: 250,000 a couple is rich? by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 250,000 a couple is rich? sab3r 7/11/2009 5:58:18 PM