Create your free account now! Sign up

Tell me it's not so...?

Oldline, oh wise old dawg that you are....! I was just told by a friend that came back from up in the great north, that he was fined for free-climbin' a pole?
Not so? I have never hitch-hiked up a pole; I've been told by some people I have worked with (That always hitched) that, "Hope the PM or somebody don't see you not hitchin', cause they'll run you off." But that is as far as it ever went. But, getting a fine for it? What the fuck, are there now pole po-po's out there trying to fuck our world up?
Brother, I have always climbed like a squirrel and I'll pull lashers and all sorts of shit and tools up behind me because I didn't have anymore fuckin' room in my tool bag or ditty bags, and then flat out do shit up there that scares the fuck out of my ground man most of the time. And in the 20 odd years I have been doing this I have only fell or had to jump three times. And not all three times were my own dumb-assed fault. Pole broke once: Had to bail. Yea-hoo! So....

Who the fuck are they to tell me how to climb? Need to know, I'll be heading north soon.

This is CABL.com posting #260502. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfVO
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Tell me it's not so...? cablehawk 1 7/9/2009 8:41:36 PM
Re: Tell me it's not so...? Polehiker 7/9/2009 7:50:59 AM
Re: Tell me it's not so...? oldlinedawg 7/9/2009 6:00:22 AM
Re: Tell me it's not so...? superlinedog 7/9/2009 12:44:34 AM