Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: photo enforcement

I drive all those zones every day.  I-88, I-90, I-294, I-355...believe me - it's been going on since 2005, and that's when the emails started.  Yes, they have the photo enforcement vans, but they are out there maybe - MAYBE - once a month and it's only on 1 road at a time.  Yes, the fine is $375.00 for a first offense and $1000.00 for a second offense, but here's the thing:  When there is a photo enforcement - from a red light camera or otherwise - the ticket is a civil citation, not a criminal one.  Therefore your license cannot be suspended.  Yes, I have talked to the police about this, and the states attorneys office, and my company has done the construction for many of these red light cameras.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match - just giving the facts.  Yes, I live in Illinois, yes, I live and work in the Chicagoland area where most ***MOST** of these work zones are set up, no I have never gotten a ticket from a photo enforcement van (knock on wood).

It was then that Caroline remembered her kitchen back in Montana, with a stove that she might or might not have turned off, and so with a heavy sigh, she put down the penguin.
This is CABL.com posting #258502. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfpy
Posted in reply to: Re: photo enforcement by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: photo enforcement sab3r 6/24/2009 9:07:08 PM