Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Poll: Dumbest person on Bar.

Here we go one at a time:
1. That fact is about the same or worse world over. It is not a US only phenom.
2.Bush started the idiotic bailout. It was wrong to do. Obama is continuing and expanding it. It is still wrong to do. I am not a republican, I am a conservative, the nearest party theat I could identify with is the libertarians, and they have differences that I don't know if I could look past, so your arguement of Bush was my dream president is just that a dream. I scream about Obama because I disagree with his policies, not which party he is part of.
3. We have a mechanism to deal with companies that fail, it is called Bankruptcy Court. What is going on now is a tremendously expensive and intrusive expansion of the federal government. I will never endorse and expansion of government. Read the Constitution and please inform me of the clause that says the government can own businesses. If the president and congress don't wish to follow the founding documents and laws of this country, how can they tell us to follow any of them. And can we pick and choose which laws we follow next. Very slippery slope, and I foresee numerous lawsuits to follow for those businesses that did not get the same help GM and the banks did under the equal protection clause of the Constitution.
4. The government had a large helping hand in this whole mess tinkering with things they had no clue or reason to be involved in it to begin with. And It started in 1992 with congress pressuring banks to make the loans and 1999 Clinton signed a law that took all of the restraints off the banks to actually be allowed to. George Bush was not in congress or Clintons cabinet, so tell me how this is all of his fault and not be lying to yourself.
5. This is the calm before the storm. Printing money for no reason has been shown to universally devestating to any economy. Inflation is coming and the fed and Obama will be powerless to stop it. Mark my words.
6. Bush did spend too much fully agree. But congress including democrats have to write EVERY spending and tax bill. No president can do much all on his own. I want to replace ALL of them. Not just dems or reps. All of them have not proven they deserve to be there.
7. Contrary to liberal beliefs, the president does not set the price of oil. It is set by the open market and some unscrupulous speculators. Dont forget, the main financier of the progressive movement, George Soros, made his billions by trading on the market against the British Pound, selling it short and almost broke Britains economic back doing it. He was also CONVICTED of insider trading in France. Great role model.
8.I personally believe Katrina was severly mishandled. As a nation should help in times of need, but we became an insurance company to those who never paid for insurance. Giving away 2000 dollar debit cards that were used to buy hand bags and liquor. We should have provided food, water and emergency shelter, but what we did there was a joke. I was in Houston after Ike doing storm work and that was day and night from New Orleans. The vast majority of people there pitched in and started the clean up by themselves. And notice you did not hear a tenth of the bitching and moaning.

My point is more government is not the same as better government. If you or congress wants me to support this mess they are pushing on us now, I have a right to be shown beyond a reasonable dobut that there is a strong possibility of success. There have been very few successes in the last 50 years. They want my support and tax dollars, earn them both. Otherwise, they are all full of crap and their only priority is to get re elected and I will be doing what I can to avoid that from happening to all incumbents.
This is CABL.com posting #258154. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfjW
Posted in reply to: Re: Poll: Dumbest person on Bar. by Gwester843
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Poll: Dumbest person on Bar. califcamper 7/7/2009 1:19:11 PM
Re: Poll: Dumbest person on Bar. Gwester843 6/21/2009 10:26:09 PM