Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A little perspective of a trillion dollars

I have not forced my views on my kids. All are 'A' students and have picked what is right and wrong by themselves. And they don't think a teacher should be teaching political views in a class that is suppose to teach subject matter. Even in a poli sci class the teacher should remain nuetral. My wife works for the library and it seems to be ok to let kids read books that sell only over the counter or 18 and up are only allowed to read but the boss is a liberal. One who cried when she found out Sarah Palin was McCain's pick ofor VP. Cried. I didn't like it when Obama was elected but I didn't cry. Anyway, why can a librarian decide what is ok for my kids to read? Shouldn't I, as a parent, have some decision in that? I don't want book burning but there is an appropriate age for some of the things that are taught in school. I should be able to decide if my child is old enough to read contriversial material. And if they can't but it or read it until they are 18 they shouldn't be able to get it in school. My kids are pretty good about it.
This is CABL.com posting #255560. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeD6
Posted in reply to: Re: A little perspective of a trillion dollars by JD42596
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A little perspective of a trillion dollars JD42596 5/27/2009 7:13:37 AM