Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A little perspective of a trillion dollars

Outstanding. Now I can teel my wife she is in fact wrong and that I am not the only person telling their kids 'because I said so' from anyone other than their parents needs to be challenged. I read the text books they are giving kids and the assignments they get and it kills me. My kids are 13, 6 and 3. So for now I am working on the 13 year old, but I have no problem defending her to the teacher and above if they want to chastise her for her opinion on political issues. Why parents are so willing to give the tracher carte blanche befuddles me. And I really do believe the schools are indoctrinating our kids as well as teaching. I would love to home school the oldest again ( she wanted to kill us if we didn't enroll her for high school because her boyfriend was in the local school ) to avoid the influnces, but I will do the next best thing and stay involved in all of the kids education ( and what the hell is this new math, it gives me a headache ).

And if we don't teach our kids civic duty and responsibility who will, a liberal union teacher. Over my dead body. When the kids grow up, they will have to make their own choices and decisions, but I will be damned if I will allow them to go into a battle of wits unarmed.
This is CABL.com posting #255549. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeDV
Posted in reply to: Re: A little perspective of a trillion dollars by MCT-40
There are 3 replies to this message