Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question for Sat-Installers

Sat-Installers are using them in Vegas AFTER the cable company has already installed the modem.  They have been using 5-2350 as originally posted.  If they use the 40-2350 it knocks the modem off line immediately because the return path is around 25-34mhz.  Cable rolls out next day after a Sat-install and the customer is not happy anymore with the Sat-company.

Here is why the problem is so large.  Most customers are signing up for the Full Monty Triple-Play from the cable company.  The cable company homeruns all their outlets.  The customer gets the Full Monty bill after the promo runs out and switches the video service to satallite but keeps the cable company's internet access.  NOW the Sat-guy gets called out for an install and is diplexing the modem line and using a 5-to-2350 diplexer.  This has been going on for 5+years.  OVER 5-YEARS the sat-installers have been doing this!!

The cable company is now rolling the whole Vegas valley over to the new freqs in preparation for Docsys 3.0 launch and there are a boat-load of modems now dropping off line. 

#1 cause = Docsys 1.0 modem now obsolete
#2 cause = Friggen Diplexers from lazy arse Sat-Installers who didn't homerun their schtuff.

When the cable company suddenly goes 6-days out on trouble calls (almost overnight) when they are normally next day .... Something big is up.

Thanks to the folks that posted "I always home run my lines" .... great!! ..Thanks for taking the time to post.  Has nothing to do with my original question, but thanks anyway.

Someone out there must know what's going on in that 849mhz & 855mhz bandwidth.

I look forward to hearing more ideas on what is causing this problem.

Thanks again
This is CABL.com posting #252988. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdYC
Posted in reply to: Re: Question for Sat-Installers by cabledog
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Question for Sat-Installers JBLLC 5/5/2009 2:00:42 AM
Re: Question for Sat-Installers cabledog 5/3/2009 8:38:23 PM
Re: Question for Sat-Installers lazzz 5/3/2009 5:56:34 PM