Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sweep Issues

First of all - HOLY COW!!!  Thank you very much for responding to me.  Where l am it is far and few to find help and l am kind of on my own.

I am going to ask some questions but first l need to explain better, l guess.  The MDU is Fed with a existing SA UBT though 500 P3 cable to a 2 split then though 500 P3 to a SA Amp #1.  The whole building has 540QR (New) buried around the building.  It goes from that AMP though taps in 2 other panels and then to AMP#2, then agian though a couple more panels and then to AMP# 3 which is Connected to Last Panel which is EOL.  It is all new Equipment with SA Amps and Milliemum Taps.

I seen the standing wave and will start working on that with your suggestions, we had multiple people building equipment so l will double check all their work, including my own.

Now my questions:

Also be sure to use a pencil pad on your input lead to prevent overdriving your SDA500. - I have seen this mentioned before - what do you recommend for a pencil pad for a value - how much will the SDA5000 take?

.( see plastic mandrel insert on pin fitting ) - You got me.  Unfortuatly the CATV Provider ships all equipment and connectors to us, sometimes it looks like it is from the bottom of the barrel - How do l tell a Old 540QR Connector from a Old one.  How can a old connector not work with higher freqs?  Sorry this might sound like a newbie question, but you can't learn this stuff from a book.

To all who have responded or may respond, Thank you for your help.

Steve

This is CABL.com posting #246821. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcm9
Posted in reply to: Sweep Issues by CableGuyNed
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Sweep Issues mister meaner 3/14/2009 12:19:35 PM
Re: Sweep Issues Nate30 3/14/2009 2:25:31 AM
Re: Sweep Issues Lightmaster 3/13/2009 7:46:45 PM
Re: Sweep Issues Protech 3/13/2009 5:05:53 PM