Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Affordable Home Technologies

I also wanted information so I sent an email. I enjoy installing Home Theatres and am looking for a dependable Sub. Here's what happened so far.

The packet I was sent was requesting I-9, application, references to be returned and permission to run a background check on me (at my expense) . It included a price list which I won't reference here.

On the application, it had blanks for paperwork received. Two of these blanks are labelled "contract" and "sow". Neither of these forms were sent.

Being as I am, I sent an email letting them know 2 docs were missing. I also requested 3 references from technicians and the information needed to run a background check on the owner. I explained how a terrible person had stolen my identity in the past and I would not walk that road again without being able to perform the same investigation being requested of me. 

I got an email "Do you want to work with us?" "Not sure I can get the owner to agree to a background check". Since then (Sunday), nothing. No contract to review, no scope of work document to review.

Summary: I think that any company who is not willing to provide the same references they demand prior to employment, does not supply critical decision making documents such as contract and SOW, and would charge so much for a background check is not for me. 

I have hired and trained people since 1987. I would never ask anyone for something I wouldn't gladly provide myself if asked. I also wouldn't delay a request for additional information one moment, as that delay shows what to expect from that company henceforth. 

My question to the esteemed members of this forum is : Am I being too picky? Should I trust these people? I have decided no, but I'd like your input for the future. I've learned much from the professionals on this site and look forward to your responses.

I have all the emails to and fro, but I will protect this company's confidentials as I would expect any professional to do with me.

For the record:
I have installed Home Theatres in the CSRA of GA/SC since 2004. Zero chargebacks. Zero customer complaints. Photographs of every job. Signed completion paperwork of every job. I stand 100% behind my work. Every single job I do has 100% customer (end user) satisfaction. Isn't that for whom we really work?  

As always, 
Peace,
Rick 
This is CABL.com posting #246407. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcgt
Posted in reply to: Re: Affordable Home Technologies by nick nichols
There are 7 replies to this message
Re: Affordable Home Technologies RandM 3/11/2009 2:24:31 PM
Re: Affordable Home Technologies Baker Capital 3/11/2009 1:31:24 PM
Re: Affordable Home Technologies Baker Capital 3/11/2009 1:20:18 PM
Re: Affordable Home Technologies mofo 3/10/2009 10:21:33 PM
Re: Affordable Home Technologies Apseccomm 3/10/2009 10:08:19 PM
Re: Affordable Home Technologies Blake23 3/10/2009 9:01:16 PM