Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: They have Black History Month, Why Can't we ha

First of all I hope all who read this will read the whole thing before getting mad at one sentence.

I really can't suggest anything because people are people. You can't make someone not be racist anymore than you can make someone be a racist. But I think if I had anything to say it would be to discourage any race getting anything for free that no one else is getting. Anyone thinking they deserve something more than everyone else because of race, or any other reason for that matter, is selfish and/or racist. If you work for it or everyone else is getting it then you deserve it. That is not to include people that CAN'T help themselves. I say CAN'T not WON'T.

And society has to want to change and not say "Aleut Pride", "cherokee pride" or "proud to be a miexican" or Black pride. They are all racist statements. Just as white pride" would be. They hurt people who aren't allowed to be proud of what they are and they are divisive. How about "american pride?" If you are in this country legally and want to be an American it should be no problem. If you are visiting then you shouldn't be bothered by it because you are going home anyway.

I would and am thinking of getting some bumper stickers that say "Human Pride". But then the animals and insects will get pissed and say we are humanists and there are many more insects so boy are we in trouble.

Anyway, to some, I repeat "to some", Eric's statements are read as "white people need to be more open"....not in those exact words but you get the meaning. He is almost saying people should be forced to integrate because of race. Well if that is what he is saying,  that is racist. If you say people have to spend their weekends with another race, you will cause hard feelings. People don't like to be forced to do anything. And some of the posts here indicate that there are friends of all races and if they all decide to get together, then great. But all people don't share the same interests. It may or may not be because of race. Meaning I may like to bowl and may have friends that are white that share that. Not all but some. Maybe only 1 of my friends, out of many friends, who are not white likes to bowl. We won't be bowling with most of the friends that are not white. Doesn't mean we don't do other things together.

But I think by and large most blacks have more black friends than white and white the same and latinos the same. It is really about cultures and like mindedness not being racist as the family customs are different. I have many friends of many races and enjoy them all. I don't spend all my time with them. I spend a lot of my time with my family as do many other people. My family is white. Does that make anyone racist? No.

What this whole thread is really about is the special treatment some races get. All people don't get. In Alaska, natives have their own hospital (and boy is it nice) and get to go for free. Not blacks or whites or latinos or martians. Just Alaska natives. Much of the money for this hospital is from the government. Well, that is racist.

All in all I agree with you and your obvious opinion that perhaps Holder is just trying to bridge the gap. People take others' words differently. Maybe he is. I for one would like to see the "human race" succeed.
This is CABL.com posting #244191. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbGJ
Posted in reply to: Re: They have Black History Month, Why Can't we ha by thetyrone
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: They have Black History Month, Why Can't we ha drifterdawg 2/23/2009 3:19:32 PM