Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: They have Black History Month, Why Can't we ha

I agree with alot of your statements sab3r but i do not see white pride or black pride or any other pride to be racist.  That is a way to celebrate your heritage.  I have plenty of white pride.

As far as Black History Month.  How many states would have started teaching black history volentarily?  It was a way to start blending America together in a weird way.  It was developed so that there would be a better understanding of each other.  It had to be done so that we could see some of the accomplishments of black people.  I dont feel offended by it.  It is coming around so that Affirmative Action will no longer be needed.  This is to benefit the entire country.  We need to be a united country.

Let me ask, does anyone have a better way of having a transition from slavery to equals?  Its a slow process and I know there is racism on both sides.  Racism will never die out completely in this world.  The government had to step in so that blacks would not be the permanant underclass with no chance to suceed just because they are black.  The means justifies the end.

Everyone deserves an equal shot.  Its up to you. 

This is CABL.com posting #244231. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbHn
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: They have Black History Month, Why Can't we ha SpeedLasher 2/23/2009 4:50:44 PM