Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: They have Black History Month, Why Can't we ha

Where did I say I wanted more holidays than anyone? I didn't. I just posted that those holidays were for people that were not white or because they were white as the person I replied to said. Martin Luther King was a holiday because the black community wanted a holiday for blacks. Not because he was a great man, which he was but because he was black. Racist is what that is. If Obama is given a holiday in his name it will because he is black although he is half white but that won't be mentioned. Not because of the great things he has done for this country. He hasn't done anything yet but there is already talk for a holiday already. why?

By the way, in this business I don't get Columbus day off, or presidents day, or MLK day....only Thanksgiving and Christmas....and July 4th. But I don't get paid so I really don't care about any "holidays".

That last post has me wondering what the hell you are talking about if you are posting a reply to me. Maybe you meant to post to someone else but my name is under your reply sooooo......

Who are they? They are the ones who say some of us are racists while being racist themselves and expecting some of the populous to give them attention for being a certain race. And ignoring it and moving on is not changing anything. We are all humans, yes, so why are some being treated with special consideration? And with that in mind, you object to people calling it what it is?. Discrimination. If it is done because of RACE, it is discrimination. If special treatment is given to anyone because of race it is racist and discriminatory. It is now and always will be wrong.

This is CABL.com posting #244110. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbFq
Posted in reply to: Re: They have Black History Month, Why Can't we ha by islandcable
There is 1 reply to this message