Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cable to satellite

Unless you have a couple retailers lined up to do installs for, to get started in sat, you are headed down the same road. hsp and dns contractors are heading for the same demise as cable install subcontractors. .........The only way to really survive in satellite is to be as independent as possible.......and offer as much custom as you can. I on occasion will sell a tv and mount and labor of hanging it to a customer that just originally orders dish network from the retailer...and I mostly rely solely upon word of mouth advertising .....If you are gonna do sat and you wanna make some money, figure a way to stay away from hsp and dns outfits find a retailer make them happy with your work and keep them happy with your work. Make sure you have enough capital that you can start right from the get go upselling to customer little things like surge protectors and power strips to start with then you can eventually move up to audio video equipment. My philosophy is make a trip to a customers home worth every drop you have to put in the tank......people want to pay you well as long as they know you know what you are doing and they can trust you. ie take the extra time and make sure they are going to be happy. check fittings all of them clean up wire messes that you come upon bad distribution methods and show them everything you do. Otherwise when you show them the bill they may get upset.

Well anyway could go on and on , but I won't just use your head. As a cable sub I used to do the same thing. You just have to make the customer realize any work you do on the side is between your company and them and not between them and the cable company. Cable companies get a little upset when a sub calls them and says hey that tech you sent sold me a tv and it does not work anymore when are you gonna fix it......get the picture? there is good money to be made in this industry you just have to go out and get it.........over the years people have become real serious about their ability to watch tv ... I have some customers that call me when their cable modem is not working rather than the cable company......I have not done cable installs in over two years.......they know that when they pay me to come their house for a service call I am gonna do everything I can possibly do to get them up and running. even if it is instruct them on the right person from the cable company to request to come out. well....................good luck
This is CABL.com posting #237283. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9Tj
Posted in reply to: cable to satellite by ishouldastayedincollege
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: cable to satellite Dishdocs 12/26/2008 10:07:00 AM