Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The resolved Micro Tiling

Careful with the source change on the TV there Splice...
Whereas that may well cure the symptom, it won't necessarily define the problem.

I have beem fighting a similar issue with one of my more prolific customers...After changing the DTV DVR twice, cables, power supply, and finally getting Bose to replace the LS38 DVD system (all with varying forms of success!), we have finally determined the problem for this guy is a TV output problem. This is a Toshiba 52" with separate tuner unit -- but for some reason 2 out of three analog video inputs and both component inputs have lost the use of the 'red gun'. BUT the HDMI and front analog inputs have perfect color stability...!?!

The upshot being you may be able to 'cure' the problem by changing the input source on the TV as well as the output of the DVR, but that doesn't guarantee that the real issue has been found or won't return again!

I'm no engineer, but I'd be confirming a positive ground both at the tap and upline at the next splitter or amp...then as has been mentioned dump the box again! If DVI is working, like HDMI it rarely misfires on it's own. Lesser quality cables may give PQ issues but in my years an intermittent pixellation in either sat or cable is almost always an inbound signal problem.
L-8-R-B
This is CABL.com posting #226417. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m633
Posted in reply to: Re: The resolved Micro Tiling by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The resolved Micro Tiling Splicer Life 4me 9/8/2008 3:24:00 PM