Create your free account now! Sign up

backcharged(

i just wanted some feed back on this. I installed a business with tv,phone and hsi.i do mostly commercial installs.i dont belive my peers,or supers!! know muck about phone.I have tought myself most of it.no genious but i feel i know a little.I pulled a drop from the closet in the center of the building, where the cable and phone taps were located,to the business.inside the business there was a punch down block with a cat 5 line that went back to the phone tap.via same conduit.i removed the pair of the cat 5 line at the punch down block INSIDE the business.that is where i put my splitters and emta.then just went into punch down block with my dial tone.everything worked fine.today i find out im going to be backcharged a part of a 600 dollar bill from embark.for damage to t_1 line.!!i have not found out how much but probably most.The only wires i touched were on the punch down block inside the business.they are saying i cut something inside the closet were the tap was.NOT I.the closet had around 10 buisnesses in it and i did not touch anything in fear of messing up something.also this install was about 4 weeks ago anyone has acess to that main closet, and embark was arriving the day i did the install.because i told them i was out of thier way meaning i was done in that closet.i told them i would not do any more commercial work for the risk outweighed the reward.im sure they will screw me.un happy sub.(splat)
This is CABL.com posting #226150. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6ZK
There are 6 replies to this message
: backcharged( gabebuckman 9/4/2008 4:28:00 PM
Re: Got a good question? IslandCableDog 9/4/2008 2:12:00 PM
Re:( Ramblin Man 9/4/2008 8:57:00 AM
Re: backcharged( Northwest One 9/4/2008 8:07:00 AM
Re: backcharged( RadioMan 9/4/2008 12:36:00 AM
Re: backcharged( cabledawg71874 9/4/2008 12:03:00 AM