Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here it comes.....

The only change thats coming is cable installations turning into a minimum wage job, period.

The "employee" will be held to a performance level that when they are not making the production quota they will usually be warned once then let go the next time.

Training for the most part will continue to be a joke as new hires will ride with any employee that appears to know what he or she is doing, and then be tossed into a little pick up truck and sent out into the world to sink or swim.

Really think it's going to hurt the prime ?
Well do this math. In one Comcast area the payout to the prime for a one box triple play is $148.57.
The techs that can do this work will run with 4 a day, 6 days a week grossing the prime $3,565.68.
At min. wage with the overtime for Sat. the tech will gross $380 before taxes.
The prime will (and I'll give the prime the benefit of doubt) will pay out approx $200 for gas, $100 for truck lease (if any), and $1,000 in administrative expenses ie; insurance, WC, staffing, payroll taxes, etc. that are related to running that employee only. Keep in mind a small project running 10 techs means $10,000 a week to run that project.

So the net profit off of that tech is $1,885.68 times ten techs (sorry I meant installers) is $18,856.80

That cookie ain't nowhere near crumbling, more like getting dipped in sweet cream and savored.

So here I am last week in White Plains N.Y. doing a survey for a customer and in comes the installer from a known contracting company and guess what.........I know him.....he's an illegal......he was doing landscaping for another contractor I know a month ago and now he's a "tech"

WAKE UP.
This is CABL.com posting #219677. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5jl
Posted in reply to: Re: Here it comes..... by RadioMan
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Here it comes..... altec 6/4/2008 12:52:00 PM
Re: Here it comes..... lamarmcbride 6/4/2008 12:24:00 PM
Re: Here it comes..... cabledog 6/4/2008 9:31:00 AM