Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why!!!

what you say is true but it takes for granted that you have a boss that will co-operate, especially on the pay end. Dish will not let you charge a customer of theirs no matter the fault, unless the customer does not have a home protection plan' in which case they pre-bill the customer for 2 hours labor, unless the customer was acquired thru you as a retailer, but in actuality dish will sell them the protection service as a savings to the customer and then sends the trouble call down the pipe.

not always am I informed of any trouble call or the boss may call and say all I have are 2 trouble calls, which coincidently, are close to 2 hours away, thought I would call and see if you want them, one of them is yours. I am not saying that this occurs all the time but it does occur from time to time. the dilemma lies in trying to take a customer of dish's and convince them to call me when they experience problems, that way Dish receives the benefit of having the customer while I assume the responsibility for the actual service to the customer on Dish's terms, or as you say, refuse to do the work. that is a slippery slope because after a couple of times this occurs you suddenly find your self losing jobs.

or I could decide to accept or decline the job when he calls. The only true alternative would be for me to become the retailer and accept full responsibility for the customer. whereby if the customer does not fulfill their agreement then Dish back charges me for the remainder of the equipment rebate. What to do.
You must BE the change you wish to see in the world
This is CABL.com posting #196740. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZlo
Posted in reply to: Re: Why!!! by cabledog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Why!!! cabledog 8/20/2007 1:49:00 PM