Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Proper Output Levels At Tap

<<<<That's one of my lamentations about cable. The lack of sufficient time and compensation to do a service call. On average, I make less per hour than most techs at my shop when doing service calls because of the time I spend on them. Consequently, I also have one of the top FCRs (first call resolutons) in my shop. I make better money than them on installs because I don't get hung up on weird issues.>>>

Your absoultely right about that.. I think the cable operators are absolute fools when it comes to customer service. After putting thier subscribers on hold for ever, they dispatch someone to evaluate the problem.. Many times thats a mso employee who checks to see if there is a drop wire from his truck and turns it in to a contractor installer. The customer waits.. Then the contract installer comes out changes some fittings and it still doesnt work, the customer waits again and finally a ticket is put in for the hard line people who are the only ones that even begin to have the equipment to fix the problem, and they show up about a week later...

Why don't they hire and train or contract people who are capable of troubleshooting the problem from node to sdu? Since hardline problems effect many subscribers, they would be ahead of the game, taking care of many calls at once. But no.... the idiots do the same old thing over and over....

If your signals aren't right at the tap its not your problem but it should be....

Thats my 10 cents worth... This has bugged me for a long time because i would love to contract a total troubleshooting solution, but I don't think they would get it.
This is CABL.com posting #194747. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYPf
Posted in reply to: Re: Proper Output Levels At Tap by vegassatellite
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Proper Output Levels At Tap voices 7/21/2007 3:54:00 PM
Re: Proper Output Levels At Tap mdefrates 7/21/2007 3:13:00 AM