Create your free account now! Sign up

The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry

Day of the Dog , this is quickly becoming a dog/dawgs year . I rode with my oldest son yesterday to Raleigh N.C. , didn’t go to Statesville , didn’t really feel the need . I already know everything I needed to know . Some times its nice to be the Big Duck . You see I’m not like most in this industry . Let me stop right here for a second , and say this is not a God Dam employment add . I’m Oldschool , I’ll kick you ace or you will kick mine , that’s the way it use to be , and the industry had a lot less problems . Men were Men , we had heavily callesd hands , you learned real quick not to wipe you forehead with you palm , the creosote from the sticks we hung out on all day , didn’t mind taking the skin of you . We have callused skin below our knees because , the body toughfins itself from constant abuse , Bashlins and Kleins , Westcoast , Lee’s , Halls and Redwings became our trademark . We got the mofucen job done , against the odds , , against the elements . The harder the job was to accomplish , the more we enjoyed the work . Men became brothers and stood shoulder to shoulder and gotterdone . You didn’t have to worry about completing your contract you just about whats next . Master Crafstmen was our TradeMark . Thank God I’m OldSchool . Yesterday one of my Closest brothers called me to tell me about a Comment that S@N who has just relinquished the contract in Raleigh made about him . He was their maintence Contractor there. Don’t talk Chit about my Brother Jim Fling . He is One of the Top OldSchool in the Construction Industry . He will work you in the DIRT . Everytime I’ve had the impossible to accomplish , I call Jim . Be it a majior water crossing or a million dollar mile, rock mtn. that we have to go through . I call him . If no one else can get it done I call him and we put our heads together and figure it out . If we have to put shy hooks in heaven , so be it , if it’s the bottom of the merina trench , so be it . This industry has such a manpower shortage right now I Love It . The Industry is getting what it deserves . All the low ball pricing , drove a lot of master craftsmen out . The Vasoline the primes used on the mother companies is now in the Mother Companies hands and being used to grease the prime . Every time a prime loses a contract because they can’t get the contract completed in a specified time , I laugh , not at the Prime or the Mother Company , but the industry as a whole . You can’t properly learn cable from a book . You can’t make projections from looking up you ace . It aint in there!!!!!!!!!!! The only way to know it properly, is too live it . Yesterday as I spoke to the project mgr. for the new prime in Raleigh . I asked so many questions , I’m certain Chris has respect for the Duck , you see like I told him , I won’t lie to people , I have a rep to uphold . I won’t chit my brethren to get you here . Just how I am!!!! Honesty in my book is the best policy!!! Workers with proper knowledge are now hens teeth . Prices are steadily rising . I feel sorry for the industry in a way , greed did it . Low prices caused a lot of the best to leave. Now is the day of the Hack , except on my jobs , like I told the Prime yesterday , you come hack my chit , I’ll do the jail time to take it to your ace . Just how OLDSCHOOL is and that’s A FACT . If you’re a hack and you want to change I respect that . That’s why I’m working on College to help you learn it the right way . I would like to see pride back in our industry , many tell me , there is no way it Can’t be Done . Bullchit , there is no Can’t word in my vocabulary , there is nothing impossible , if I can pull it from the archives here I will repost Winners Vs Losers , what I live my life by . I have seven children and a lot of Brothers counting on me to get the job Done . I’ve dropped my shoulder to the tackle position and I’m moving Forward I hope your not in the way, please step aside ,lest one of us might get hurt . I don’t enjoy pain , but I won’t let it bother me either . Ask the Bermudians about the day I was hanging the strand and Cable on Burnthouse Lane in Bermuda and I cut my thumb on top about a ¾ inch gash to the bone . Did Duck stop and run to the hospital for Stiches “Hell No” never even came off the pole . I had my grunt throw up the peroxide and a napkin and the electric tape, I already had super glue in my nut bag. I cleaned it , super glued it shut , put a stick on the bottom of my finger a napkin on the top and electrical taped it up. I still bear the scar today , but I finished the run . I’m not bragging , just stating fact . I’m here to change this Industry and By God I WILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just watch Me.
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #191691. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mX1X
Posted in reply to: Thank you Lord by deleted
There are 7 replies to this message
Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry John.G 6/6/2007 9:51:00 PM
Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry MicroMan 6/6/2007 5:36:00 PM
Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry Gwester843 6/6/2007 5:42:00 AM
Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry 1brikshyvtwin 6/5/2007 9:26:00 PM
Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry woodhook 6/5/2007 5:18:00 PM
Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry JDylan 6/5/2007 4:41:00 PM
Re: The Big Duck Speaks Winners vs Losers deleted 6/5/2007 11:10:00 AM