Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry

Duck you are right, this industry is DEAD and in need of a major fiber overhaul. You can only patch old coax cable so many times.
This industry will never see anything like the old CATV days. It's now broadband or wideband and run by bean counters. They don't even know what CATV stands for. I've been in this trade since 1965, didn't see a bucket truck until mid 80'S. Most of the plant being rebuilt today was originally built off hooks. I've been from the top of the pole to the bottom of the hole. Pulled, lashed and spliced 13 cable bundle systems off hooks. Just hang in there Duck-there is a new industry looming around the corner and it's called "MA BELL" again !! I don't see the MSO spending money to upgrade to all fiber, as needed. I see them selling out to the phone companies. They have abused the cable workers for years wanting low bids creating low pay however they have no problem raising rates on their subscribers.
Yeap !! Times are a changing - big business moves on and it won't be good for old timers like us.

This is CABL.com posting #191808. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mX3Q
Posted in reply to: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry by deleted
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The Big Duck Speaks to the Industry deleted 6/6/2007 7:22:00 PM