Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can't Find A Job

If all these Mexicans are so lazy and stupid, why do American businesses want to hire them? Because they'll work harder and for less money than the natural-born citizens, that's why. I don't disagree that no one should be here illegally, but making racist statements isn't a credible argument against it. Most Americans, myself included, are the products of what was once the wretched refuse of another country, called lazy and stupid by those already here.

The Mexican government is no great "meritocracy" where the cream rises to the top and the rest head over the border. From the revolution in 1929 until 2000 it was basically a one-party state with rampant corruption. It's headed in a better direction but even now, people who want to work hard to better themselves don't have that opportunity. That's why many head here. The argument should be against illegal immigration, not the Mexican people or Mexican Americans.

Personally, I'm more worried about how the Bushlicans are trying to mold our government into the one-party style of Mexico, but that' just me.
It's easy to define what you're willing to fight for; but what are you willing to stand for without fighting? What are you willing to lay down your life for?
This is CABL.com posting #188405. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXaX
Posted in reply to: Re: Can't Find A Job by vegassatellite
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Can't Find A Job oldschooldbstech 4/11/2007 1:12:00 AM
Re: Can't Find A Job vegassatellite 4/10/2007 1:54:00 AM
Re: Can't Find A Job voices 4/9/2007 7:47:00 PM