Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trouble call

I usually just break out the meters and tool bag and fix it myself. It's alot faster and I really question the ability of most "service techs", especially most the contract techs that get the trouble calls anyway since they typically don't have or can't use their SLMs.

There are two times that I couldn't personally fix the problem inside my home that stand out to me right away.

Once there was cracked/chewed mainline at the gate entrance to my neighborhood; i chased it down and called a friend of mine, in house Mx tech, and he fixed it. It was killing my HSD and I can't have that.

The first TC I ran at my house was when I bought it 5 years ago. I sit on your classic LE/ high value tap causing a high tx level problem; just the way the design is....sorry.

I had one of our drop crews bury me TWO RG-11 drops to feed the house; one for video and one for HSD. There are only two homes served fro a 4 port tap so I just hooked my drops up directly to their own ports.

Both problems solved but in both cases, I wonder what your "average" subscriber would have done to get the level of service they paid for that month.
This is CABL.com posting #187477. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWVZ
Posted in reply to: Trouble call by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Trouble call fiber4176 3/23/2007 5:30:00 AM