Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trouble call

most cable guys i know (not in house, that get their service for free) have either dtv or dish if they aren't stealing cable. i keep the hsd service because it's the only option where i live, but even after they untrapped my service and having a dct that is wide open and for some reason doesn't ever get shut off i still pay for dish, and have an off air antenna as well ..........the reasons?

my dish has gone out for 3 minutes in a year and even then it wasn't all of the channels (i get my hd from 61.5 so the voom channels were on the other side of the flash flood), with my antenna my dual tuner dvr's are actually triple tuners (with all the digital substations and available hd in my market neatly in the guide and ready to go), and i have so many options on configuration and ways to use the equipment i can't go into detail.

did i mention that i get more for the same price? now compare that to my catv service that went out several times a month and picture quality that varied greatly not just channel to channel, but day to day.

the choice for a consumer is easy i think. but dish has it's downsides. upgrades are expensive, and a bad installer equals bad service. i guess that's why a dish install pays me $150 for 4 rooms plus any extras even if the lines are already there, while the same install having to run all the lines for cable might pay 60 without a modem and wallfishes.
This is CABL.com posting #187456. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWVE
Posted in reply to: Trouble call by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Trouble call Waiting out the Storm 3/22/2007 7:31:00 PM