Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Will This Industry Quit Cutting The Prices?

Its like I said in my post The work is there but the pay isn't. These companies took us to an all time low the past few years that their saying why should we raise our prices now? Heres the funny part. These primes get awarded the contract. Then they scramble to get crews, because they have none of there own! All they do is provide management and half the time there not worth a plug nickel.
So I guess the question is, is how do these companies keep getting awarded contracts? And what we do is pay for these companies to have people sit on there fat as*es making money.It was funny the other day a company approach me and ask me if I would be interested in managing a sweep project. I was open until I heard that they only wanted to pay $600 a week!!!I told them good luck getting anybody with experience. But thats what our industry has turned into.Projects that are run by incompetent people who don't have the kahoonas to take a stand against the MSO when something goes wrong.
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.Thomas Jefferson
This is CABL.com posting #185154. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWkw
Posted in reply to: Re: Will This Industry Quit Cutting The Prices? by sumahit
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Will This Industry Quit Cutting The Prices? davidbickle 2/12/2007 9:42:00 AM