Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: If I Do The Work Wan

I agree with a lot of that. There is little incentive for a guy to become a true craftsman with the way wages have gone down in this industry. I don't claim to be the best and I know several people in my own little world that I say are better than I am. I do know that I have learned quite a bit in about 9 years of doing this and guys with lengthy experience are in good demand. I also have an intuitive mind and always seek out explanations of why things work as opposed to just knowing how to just route wires. I know when I'm at an interview, that much of my competition is entry-level, many don't have the mindset to be inquisitive about this stuff, and do things like showing up in a t-shirt and jeans. I come in polished shoes and slacks with pressed lines and I gig my button up shirt to match my slacks. It's because of this attention to detail and my clear-spoken manner that I come away from interviews knowing I put my app at the top of the stack.

It isn't that I'm the best, I'm just better than average. I take pride in my work. I have 800 pics on this hard drive that I would give to any QC tech. As more people leave this industry, those of us still around will look better.
This is CABL.com posting #183799. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVYF
Posted in reply to: Re: If I Do The Work Wan by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: If I Do The Work Wan hscable 1/28/2007 6:18:00 PM