Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DishPro vs Legacy

I always thought that the 1000 DishProPlus twin LNB's were bad because my BirdDog meter would say, "Short in LNB". I'd get another brand new one from the truck and the same message, "Short in LNB" Hence alot of RA'd LNB's. I couldn't believe there were so many bad ones. I started to do a little digging into the problem when I finally contacted Perfect Ten who makes the Bird Dog. They told me that the DishPro Plus LNB's were running at such a high frequency they would always display that message and that if I didn't watch out I fry the mother board in my $400 meter. They said I should put a Legacy Twin on the dish and sight in the dish with the Legacy. When satisfied with the point and signal to take off the Legacy and put on the DPP Twin. That works, and I've never had any more bad LNB's to RA. However, what a pain in the butt to be reaching out behind you on the ladder to replace the LNB. If you find out in the living room at the TV set you need to point a little better you have to go thru that cumbersome ordeal again. What a hassle. When the 1000 came out and replaced the Super Dish I thought it was great but now find out it's just as bad.
This is CABL.com posting #180617. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU9l
Posted in reply to: DishPro vs Legacy by satnstaller
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: DishPro vs Legacy vegassatellite 12/9/2006 9:44:00 PM
Re: DishPro vs Legacy lostintx 12/9/2006 7:13:00 PM