Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: what's a criminal to do?

Alot depends on the nature of the crime an mso cant rightly knowingly place a sex offender or burglar in customers homes without potential liability. As a plant manager I wouldn't do it because I couldn't live with the guilt if something terrible happened and a past offender backslid on my watch per se. That said, personally, depending (alot) on what offense you were convicted of I wouldn't hesitate to give you a shot, there are alot of people who have simply made alot of mistakes in misspent youth who are now very trustworthy hardworking people who in fact do deserve a second chance. If everyone got caught for every crime they committed hardly anyone would qualify I imagine. I wouldn't try to hide it unless its extremely old and doesn't show up anymore alot of records have fallen through the cracks. I personally am far from perfect and have made many mistakes, a few of my past offenses (dui,pi, assault) don't show up on the national records, I suspect my fines were pocketed and they weren't chump change even 20 yrs ago. I do believe in second chances for some people but not all. I think it'll depend on the crime and no I'm not trying to pry it out of you its not my business. I suspect you'll be fine in construction but in-house (service tech)jobs may be hard to get depending on all the variables. Good luck and remember we all fall short of glory in the eyes of the lord.
This is CABL.com posting #178225. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUwL
Posted in reply to: what's a criminal to do? by lostintx
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: what's a criminal to do? oldschoolgal 11/2/2006 2:08:00 PM
Re: what's a criminal to do? joeatstellar 11/1/2006 10:46:00 PM