Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Help me out...

i'd say you are correct.......but, things change, i had a baby in the middle of my current contract, thought i'd lose my wife and kids for a month while i worked a MINIMUM of 6 days, was taking off 2 days a month, during the week, after she'd gone back to work. i kept up my end of the deal with the contractor, he did too i'm glad to say, but i had to EARN a place to start negotiating. maybe it's the hacks, maybe it's the nature of the business, but to negotiate as a sub on a new contract where there is NO previous knowledge of each other in this business doesn't get rreal far, it does if the prime is an idiot and hasn't been burned, but that's going to happen so fast and so hard he won't ever forget it. unfortunately a WORTHWHILE negotiation in this business is hard to come by at contract's signing. the contract either doesn't last long enough, or the tension has built before it's time negotiate again. i guess in thinking, you are right to say that it should be on paper at the outset.........but can you afford to wait come march when it's time to start eating again?
This is CABL.com posting #178088. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUuy
Posted in reply to: Re: Help me out... by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Help me out... sumahit 10/29/2006 8:28:00 PM