Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Help me out...

It's not the fact of a lawyer being required to do cable. It's more along the lines of protecting all parties involved.
take for instance, a guy accepts the contract and does the work under an assumed time frame, does this make it binding? and if he is under time frame does this not make him an employee?
We all know the game when it comes down to installs and contracting. but there are less than legitimate techs out there as there are contractors.
And it does happen, where you have a tech that works the assumed time frames and then decides he only wants part time work. who is left holding the bag?
Or the tech who takes the fultime work and does his job well, then work slows to a crawl, he has nothing in his contract that states he will recieve a minimum amount of work.
contracts are a crutial part of the industry and weather or not they are negotiated in favor of the tech or contractor, they do carry clout in a court of law signed or not.
no one is held hostage to sign a contract right.
My oppinion is this, if you don't agree with the contract either 1. don't sign it or 2. negotiate a better one.
It amazes me that in our industry, we can open our mouths to find the work but then forget how to talk when it's time to get a better contract. just my oppinion.
This is CABL.com posting #178085. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUuv
Posted in reply to: Re: Help me out... by lostintx
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Help me out... lostintx 10/29/2006 7:26:00 PM