Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: transition to splicing

i really didn't mean to set off a fire storm with this question, i was just looking for advice from those that know more about the subject than me. for those that posted helpful information, based on their own experiences i truely appreciate it. i know that there are hard core splicers, hardcore construction guys, hardcore installers. for those of you that fall into one of these categories, i apologize if my question offended you, but that's your own issue. my issue is this: i decided after my first year of installing that i needed to know more about the industry, that i needed to have as many skill sets as i could survive learning so that the lean times were as fat as possible. i live in a large market and the way i see things, the more you can do in this industry the less likely you are to have to cross the country every 3 months or starve from november to march. my only goal in this life is to do all i can for my family, and to not feel dirty at the end of each day. i got into this from sales because i didn't like lying to people all day. those of you that do well know that it is hard work and it is honest even if you frequently feel that you are in the dirtiest business ever conceived. i just wanted to clarify myself, i consider this to be a great opportunity to actually learn something profitable from someone that i have a solid professional relationship with. i still haven't made up my mind, it's something i'm going to actually go out and observe before i expect to earn a dime. i did the same with installs, 2 weeks (14 saturdays) before i ever did a job i got paid for. i was the third of 3 guys that started the same day, took longer to do a job on my own, and have never looked back. i truely respect anyone in this field that does the good work, day after day and late night after late night. i know that as a lowly installer (now doing dish even) that the respect is frequently one way, but again that's your issue. if i get the chance to learn what you know, then i will. if you aren't willing to share what you know with someone, don't get too upset about having to go back and fix the work of someone that didn't know any better.

thank you.
This is CABL.com posting #178079. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUup
Posted in reply to: transition to splicing by lostintx
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: transition to splicing 2SPEC 11/1/2006 7:35:00 PM
Re: transition to splicing dwntwn 10/31/2006 2:21:00 AM
Re: transition to splicing Lightmaster 10/29/2006 7:25:00 PM